Black Diamond M Dawn Patrol Hybrid Pants
The Black Diamond Dawn Patrol Hybrid Pants are purpose-built backcountry ski pants. These pants grab the best functionality from the softshell and hardshell world and combine them into one beautiful/utilitarian trouser. The Dawn Patrol Hybrids features BD.dry 3L waterproof-breathable hardshell fabric on the lower legs and seat of the pants. The upper legs and back of the knees are made of a 4-way stretch softshell fabric. This brings weatherproofing where you need it, then adds stretch and breathability where it's most useful. Fabric aside, these pants are feature-packed:
- Side zip vents help you dump heat on the up track while also showing off whatever is below (either underwear or baselayers) your Dawn Patrol Hybrids
- Integrated snow gaiters help stop snow from creeping up those pant legs during a deep bootpack or while harvesting fresh powder
- Three pockets eagerly store backcountry knick-knacks. There are two thigh pockets (one for a transceiver and one for other big items) and one upper right hip pocket.
- Instep cuff guards help protect your pants from ski edges and crampon snags.
- A built-in belt will help keep your pants riding high.
These pants are designed for comfortable backcountry travel. They'll keep you dry where you want and vent out that heat where it's needed. Just be careful. As the name suggests - you might find yourself getting up at rude hours of the morning with a burning desire to do nothing else but get back on the skin track in search for fresh snow.