Inspired by modern leashless ice tools, the BCA D2 EXT Dozer Hoe Shovel with Folding Saw is the most effective hoe shovel available; with positive slip-proof grips on both the shaft and blade and easy conversion to a traditional shovel. Digging can be the most time consuming and taxing piece of a rescue so make sure that you have the D-2 - the shovel for the job.
- Weight: 2.1 pounds / 940 grams
- Blade Dimensions: 10 x 11 in / 25.4 x 27.9 cm
- Handle & Shaft Collapsed Length: 18 in / 46 cm
- Handle & Shaft Extended Length: 24 in / 61 cm
- Assembled Collapsed Length: 24.5 in / 62 cm
- Assembled Extended Length: 31.9 in / 81 cm
- Blade/Shaft Material: 6061 T6 Aluminum
- 420 Stainless Steel saw blade with durable polymer handle
Customer ReviewsWrite a review
Killer product very happy with it
The D2 seems to be the best option to carry to do it all. The shovel and buttons all feel very solid. Converts to hoe mode for quick excavation in an accident or just moving snow quickly for a snow pit, this feature is a must have in my opinion. The included saw measures about 15-16 cm so not ideal for isolating a 30 cm column cleanly or doing a PST, but it's nice to have for cleaning up lines or sawing emergency kindling. Be aware what the saw is component of the shovel, so the saw can't be removed to shave weight and you can't use the shovel correctly without the saw piece installed. Comes in nearly a pound heavier than the basic B-1 shovel but the versatility and peace of mind make up for the weight penalty for everyday excursions, although I doubt you'll see the D2 on the skimo course anytime soon. Also check out the BCA A-2 if you're interested in a more robust 28 cm removable saw at the expense of hoe mode.