Salomon Qst Stella 106 Ski
The Salomon QST Stella 106 is a convincing entry for "raddest women's pow ski". The reason? Salomon keeps the exact same construction for the QST 106 and its ladies counterpart. Last season Salomon introduced a few updates that stick around for 2022 season- a more approachable sidecut for versatility and titanal for dampness and power. If it ain't broke, don't fix it, right? There's a reason QST is a household name- the name is synonymous with high performance, no compromises, and no sacrifices in delivering a powder freeride racecar. With a light poplar woodcore, Salomon has also added a carbon powered C/F Carbon Flax Weave that features good marks in both dampening and stiffness.
The Salomon QST Stella 106 has a 17m turn radius in the 167cm length and all terrain rocker that keeps your tips up in the fresh stuff and initiates linking turns with ease. While it loves powder, the Stella 106 certainly doesn't discriminate against firm snow days. There are titanal inserts underfoot, Cork damplifiers in the tips of the skis, and strategic rubber pads throughout the ski. Summary: you've got yourself a a full sandwich ski with durable ABS sidewalls that's got bomber construction and unlimited power that'll make your high school vice principal jealous.
The 2022 Salomon QST 106 comes in four lengths from 159cm to 181cm which pros and intermediates alike can find their length!
- This strong, versatile ski powers every mission.
- Poplar Full Woodcore with cork offers a lightweight construction that absorbs the shock and dampens with less weight.
- Fiber reinforcement and titanal insert underfoot give maximal power, durability, and edge grip.
- Patented C/FX Carbon Flax Weave technology has two times more carbon with basalt to help with vibration.
- 106mm waist width powers through every terrain.
- All terrain-rocker with full sandwich sidewalls keeps this ski playful and strong.
Ladies you GOTTA try this out!!!!! I absolutely love the QST W and this is my favorite touring ski ever, EVER. It's so powerful yet playful. I have had SO much fun on this ski and can't wait to go to the hill every single damn day. It's a little wide for my taste but that worry was quickly gone when I realized how easy I could turn the ski in pow and crud alike. Must have!!!!!!