Marker Kingpin / Kingpin M-Werks Operating Guide
- Flip the heel unit slider lever from SKI back to WALK
- Best to hold brake pad down while flipping to lock up. Can be stomped or pressed into locked mode afterwards
- Open toe unit jaws by pressing down on toe lever
- Bump front of boot to plastic alignment stoppers in toe piece and press down
- Lock the toe by pulling up on the toe lever all the way up through ratcheting clicks, WALK will be covered and SKI visible
- Heel tower remains up in skiing position for touring
- Flip two risers forward from heel unit as needed for climbing aides
- Flip the heel unit slider lever from WALK forward to SKI
- Open the heel unit by pressing down on heel tower like a traditional alpine binding
- Align boot pin holes with front pins, step down. Toe lever remains in first position
- Step down engage heel unit like a traditional alpine binding
- Press down on toe lever with ski pole to exit binding
- Adjust for boot sole length/forward pressure using posi drive #3 bit in lowest rear screw.
- Forward pressure is confirmed when screw is flush with housing
- Lateral release value is adjustable using posi drive #3 bit on screw underneath the climbing aid flaps
- Forward release is adjusted with posi drive #3 bit on top screw of heel unit
- Snow and ice buildup is possible under the toe springs if the bindings are open and skis are on a backpack after touring in wet snow. Clear this area with ski pole tip and open and closing. Lock then unlock to check if binding is fully clamping the boot.
- Only adjust the forward pressure with binding flipped into ski position. The worm drive track and be damaged going too far forward.
- Forward pressure adjustment should be adjusted to each click, not in between
- Inspect the carbon track between WALK/SKI lever and heel unit for cracks