Dynafit Blacklight 95 Alpine Touring Ski
Dynafit's entry into the ultralight backcountry category, the Blacklight 95 is a speed-touring weapon designed for soft and variable snow missions with large amounts of vert in both directions. Dynafit’s focus on efficient, speedy movement in the mountains means that this is more of a precise tool than a toy, but it wouldn’t shy away from fun, carvy in-bounds turns on the feet of a capable skier.
The special sauce here is a layup of full-length carbon topping a paulownia core. This makes for an ultralight uphill ski that’s stiff, poppy, and damp on the way down. Dynafit’s 3D Sidewall-Cap Construction provides torsional rigidity so you can edge confidently on steep, frozen windboard and icy groomers when necessary, and a long-ish turn radius (20m in the 178cm size) means the Blacklight 95 will want to be fast and direct when you can open it up a bit.
It’s not all work and no play however: If conditions are ideal and it’s time to party, tip and tail rocker keep you afloat and allow for a quick, snappy release out of each turn. In the words of the German über-brand, the Blacklight 95 is “Gently increasing radius for good control at high speed even on steep, icy terrain.” That about sums it up. If your objectives are big and you like to move fast, and you’re planning on skiing soft snow but want to feel solid when it’s not, the Dynafit Blacklight 95 is a highly capable mountain tool for serious fun in the backcountry.
- This speed touring weapon is perfect for soft and variable snow missions.
- Paulownia Speed Core with 100% Uni-directional Carbon toplayer makes this ski featherlight while holding higher tensile strength and durability.
- 95mm underfoot means there is nothing you can't touch.
- Tip and Tail Rocker with Camber underfoot and a 3D Sidewall Cap Construction give float, pop, and torsional strength.
- Weighs 1160g (172cm) with a 20 meter turn radius in the same length.