Backcountry Blog

RSS
Backcountry Only Ski Swap 2020: Carbondale, Oct 10th/11th

Backcountry Only Ski Swap 2020: Carbondale, Oct 10th/11th 1

9 Years running this amazing community event will be social distanced and better than ever. We started this awesome event 9 years ago and it has gr...
2021 Alpine Touring Ski Preview

2021 Alpine Touring Ski Preview 0

Check out the latest and greatest alpine touring skis new to 2021. We discuss what's hot and what's not for the new skis to come out for the 2021 winter season. Don't miss out on all the dirty details.
  • Accumula Collaborator
Kid's Touring Gear: An Updated Guide for How to Get Kids Out Ski Touring

Kid's Touring Gear: An Updated Guide for How to Get Kids Out Ski Touring 0

  • Accumula Collaborator
2021 Alpine Touring Binding Preview

2021 Alpine Touring Binding Preview 0

There is a lot to be excited about this year in the world of alpine touring bindings. Big innovations can be found everywhere from Freetouring to Race bindings. So all types of backcountry skiers can drool over new binding options to slap on a fresh pair of skis. Read on to find out all the dirty details about the new alpine touring bindings of 2021.
  • Slator Aplin
2021 Alpine Touring Boot Preview

2021 Alpine Touring Boot Preview 0

The sun is setting earlier each day. The mornings are beginning to feel crisp and cool. September means autumn is close, which means snow is about to fall. If so facto - winter is just around the corner, right?! With the 20/21 season coming up quickly, we're excited to preview the latest and greatest in alpine touring boots.
  • Slator Aplin
Choosing Your Ski Touring Setup

Choosing Your Ski Touring Setup 1

Finding your first, or next ski touring setup. Cripple Creek Backcountry started in 2011 as a touring specific shop located in a tiny plaza on the...
How to Size an Alpine Touring Boot

How to Size an Alpine Touring Boot 0

Alpine Touring Boots Should Make Your Feet Happy  On an average day ski touring, you spend 90% of your day going uphill, the other 10% is spent ski...
How to Size an Alpine Touring Ski

How to Size an Alpine Touring Ski 3

The ski touring industry is growing faster and faster. With such growth, gear is increasingly improving in terms of price, performance, and durability. Touring skis have gotten better for edging on hardpack, floating through powder, and flying up the skin track all at once. Everything has gotten easier for backcountry skiing; everything except choosing the right skis.
Shop Life Summer Update

Shop Life Summer Update 1

As it has been for everyone across the world, the last few months of have been a tumultuous time at CCBC. Initially in early March, traffic in our...
  • Doug Stenclik
Introducing CCBC FaceShots and Updated In-Store Appointments

Introducing CCBC FaceShots and Updated In-Store Appointments 0

Imagine walking into a shop and not only finding all 3 boots to try on in your exact size, but also a professional ski bum specializing in your lit...
  • Doug Stenclik
What's in Your Pack? - Part II: Backcountry Skiing

What's in Your Pack? - Part II: Backcountry Skiing 2

What's in your pack for a backcountry ski tour? Get dialed with a complete gear list for ski touring in the backcountry. Everything that you need and nothing more.
  • Accumula Collaborator
Gear Review: Dynastar F-Team Vertical Eagle

Gear Review: Dynastar F-Team Vertical Eagle 0

The Dynastar F-Team Vertical Eagle is a tool designed for moving fast and light in the mountains. From speed touring, high-mountain traverses, or steep ski mountaineering, the Vertical Eagle will allow you to spread your technical skiing wings and soar. TJ provides an in-depth review of the ski after one season of putting them through the variable snow ringer.
  • Accumula Collaborator
  • Tags: tj
Liquid error: include usage is not allowed in this context