Why We Like the Scarpa Alien 4.0 Alpine Touring Boot
Brand spanking new for 2022 is the Scarpa Alien 4.0 Race Boot. Each race you're going to see at least one pair of these boots on the podium. Scarpa spent no expense designing these feather-light (610g Euro size 42) uphill masters. Featuring a hand-laid carbon cuff and chassis, they are both extremely lightweight and very stiff (110 Flex). Because of how sturdy they are, Scarpa added Pebax caps on the toes to protect your feet on demanding boot packs. They also incorporated molded foam around the cuffs for added support to make up for the short Race Liner.
If you want to compete with the big dogs grab yourself a pair of Alien 4.0 Touring Boots. Utilizing a Speed Lock Lite system with Dyneema® cord, you are going to love their quick single action transitions that will save you time and energy. And just like the rest of the Alien Series, these boots feature a BOA fit system on the instep to dial in the perfect snug fit.
- Size: 39-44 (European sizes, whole sizes)
- Weight: 610g; 1lb 5.5oz (1/2 pair size 42)
- Shell · Cuff · Tongue: Carbon · Carbon
- Liner: SCARPA® Race 4.0 SL
- Last: 99mm
- Flex: 110
- Ski/Walk Mode: Speed Lock Lite
- Closure: Cord + BOA® Fit System
- Forward Lean: 9° - 13° / 11°-15°
- Range of Motion: 76°
- Outsole: Vibram® UFO 4.0
- Binding System: TLT (Optimized Touring Pivot – 5mm)